free from: gluten and dairy
I recently shared my love for zucchini-based baked goods in my last recipe, Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins. These Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies have been one of my favorite treats since I was little.
It took a bit for my folks to figure out how to make these tummy friendly, but they did it!
These THICK Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies are gluten and dairy free.
Store them in fridge, these also freeze really well. Hot take–I like eating these straight out of the freezer!
While cookies are typically a dessert, since these have oats and veggies in them I even eat them for breakfast.
What You Need
- Brown sugar
- Gluten free flour
- Baking soda
- Gluten free oats
- Chocolate chips
Made fresh with zucchini from my mom’s garden, pictured below!
These can be refined-sugar free by swapping in coconut sugar and brown coconut sugar, but it may slightly alter the taste. For a vegan option, you can try to swap in a flax egg but I have not tested this.
You can also change up the add-ins each time. We typically use chocolate chips and cranberries, but you could swap out for nuts, raisins, etc.
Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat egg, oil and sugars together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the two mixtures together. Then mix in the oats and zucchini until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and craisins. Scoop onto a cookie sheet (ungreased) and keep about 2 inches in between the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 more minutes on cooling rack.