gift options for your loved ones with stomach problems
Looking for some gifts for the upcoming holiday season? I comprised a few lists below depending on what you’re looking for!
There are three categories:
- For the Baker
- Comfort Gifts
- Sweet Treats
In these lists, you can find anything from cookbooks and baking mixes to heating pads and chocolate. These are all great for people with tummy problems, &/or those who follow restrictive diets.
Since we are still on quarantine, I only shared items that can be purchased online. I hope that you find some amazing gifts for your loved ones, or to put on your own wish list!
- The IBS Elimination Diet and Cookbook: The Proven Low-FODMAP Plan for Eating Well and Feeling Great by Patsy Catsos – this was my lifeline when I began the Low FODMAP diet, it’s SO helpful.
- The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners by Mollie Tunitsky & Gabriela Gardner – this has amazing recipes and tips for the diet!
- The 30-Minute Low-Fodmap Cookbook by Colleen Francioli – this book offers a ton of quick and easy recipes to make the diet a breeze.
- Xmas at Selma’s – this gluten and dairy free e-book is a great option if you want to save some paper and share Christmas-themed recipes to celebrate. use code “LIVWELL20” for 20% off
- ZenSweet Baking Mixes – these keto, grain, gluten, refined-sugar free & vegan mixes are perfect for a quick sweet treat. use code “LIVWELLEATWELL” for 15% off
- Josie’s Best Gluten Free Mixes – gluten and dairy free baking mixes that are so easy to use but taste like you made it from scratch! I highly recommend these, especially for Low FODMAP diet.
- Think.Eat.Live Sunflour Mixes – nut, gluten, grain, dairy & refined-sugar free mixes! These are so fun and unique, would make a very special gift. use code “LIVWELLEATWELL for 10% off
- Ellie’s Best – find anything from nut milk bags and pitchers to reusable straws! I love using their nut milk bags to make homemade almond milk and juices. use code “LIVWELL” for 10% off
- Stuffed Animal Heating Pad – these are so cute and comforting. Heating pads are my go-to item for calming my stomach, and why not give one that doubles as a stuffed animal! I gave one to my friend a few years ago and she still loves it.
- My Tummy Diary – Gut Health Diary – this three month diary helps track symptoms to be more in tune with your tummy. It also comes with tips and good thoughts from the lovely Lottie (@thetummydiaries + @youvegutthis).
- Your Super Mixes – these nourishing superfood and protein mixes are great add ins for smoothies, oats, drinks and more. They also have super cute mugs and cups to enjoy their products from! use code “SUPER-OLIVIA15” for 15% off
- The Ginger People Ginger Candies – these help my tummy A TON when it’s hurting, I have these on hand at all times. A very thoughtful gift 🙂
- Harney & Sons Peppermint Tea – the perfect tummy soother. Peppermint tea is known to calm an upset stomach. This is my personal favorite brand, and I love the cute tin it comes in!
TUMMY FRIENDLY CANDY
- Theo Chocolate Bars – their dark chocolate bars are dairy free & many are Low FODMAP, just check the ingredients to be sure! My faves are dark chocolate ginger, dark chocolate turmeric and dark chocolate raspberry.
- Evolved Chocolate – their chocolate is delightful, especially the keto cups! These are great options for anyone who is paleo, keto, or on the anti-candida diet.
- Enjoy Life Chocolate & Bites – they have lots of Low FODMAP treats that will be a great addition to your sweet, tummy friendly gift.
- Grocery store cards like Whole Foods or Trader Joes – specialty diets are EXPENSIVE, gift your loved ones an eased shopping trip where they can stock up on their faves.
- Another option would be to pick a specific food brand that they love and give an e-gift card!
- App Store Credit for Low FODMAP Monash App – this app is a necessity for anyone on the Low FODMAP diet. If your loved one is frugal like me, they may not want to buy an app for their phone so do it for them! This gift will come in handy many times.
I hope this helps you find the perfect gift! Let me know if you try anything or have questions.
Happy Holidays! ❄️☃️🎁
Note: some links provided are affiliate links in which I may make commission, however, this does not alter my opinion as I choose my partnerships very carefully