free from: gluten and dairy
Every summer growing up we had ALL the zucchini things because of my mom’s garden. No joke, we had zucchini for every meal–muffins, zucchini parmesan, cake, cookies and more. You’d think I’d be sick of zucchini recipes by now but they’re still one of my favorite parts of summer. These lemon blueberry zucchini loaves are a new recipe created by my wonderful parents. These didn’t even last a week in my house!
These can be made into Lemon Blueberry Zucchini muffins or mini loaves (or a even whole loaf–just increase baking time). The serving sizes are approximately 18 muffins or 12 mini loaves.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free AND delicious. These should be stored in the fridge or freezer.
- Avocado oil
- Lemon juice
- Cane sugar
- Gluten free flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Poppy seeds
You can swap sugar for monkfruit or coconut sugar to be refined-sugar free. You may be able to make vegan by swapping in flax eggs, but I have not tested this.
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Loaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 cup + 1 tsp gluten free flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini loaf pan, or add liners to muffin tin.
- Beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar. Next, fold in the shredded zucchini. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour (set 1 tsp aside for later), salt, baking, powder and baking soda.
- Gradually combine the two mixtures. Once fully blended, coat blueberries in 1 tsp flour then fold into the mixture along with poppyseeds.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Then bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick/fork comes out clean. Next let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack for at least 10 more minutes.