free from: gluten and dairy (vegan friendly)
This Gluten Free Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta is super easy to make.
This is a great recipe to meal prep for the week–it reheats great! You can also make for a gathering, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
This is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. It’s so creamy you can’t even tell it’s dairy free!
For the noodles, I used Jovial brown rice fusilli.
I also used Kite Hill vegan cream cheese for the sauce.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Gluten free pasta
- Avocado oil
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Artichoke hearts
- Vegan cream cheese
Use any noodles & cream cheese brand you’d like! The remaining ingredients are whole foods, so I don’t have other substitution recommendations.
Gluten Free Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 1 box of gluten free pasta
- Pinch of salt
- 12 oz frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4-5 artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 package vegan cream cheese
- Boil water and salt in a large pot. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes. Do not cook fully, otherwise the noodles will become mushy. Save the pasta water for the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, microwave the spinach for 3-4 minutes until defrosted. Use a cheese cloth/nut milk bag/paper towel to squeeze liquid out of the spinach. Set aside once done.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, warm the avocado oil and garlic for a couple minutes. Then add in spices (basil, black pepper & red pepper) and mix. Add in spinach and artichoke hearts and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in cream cheese and a ladle full of pasta water (about 1/4 – 1/2 cup). Slowly stir until cream cheese melts. You can add a little more pasta water if cream cheese is not melting or thinning out, but do so slowly so the sauce isn't too runny.
- Mix pasta into sauce and coat evenly. Pour into an oven-safe dish and broil on medium heat for 4-6 minutes. You can also sprinkle vegan cheese on top for extra creaminess.
- Let pasta cool for a minute or two, then enjoy.