free from: gluten and dairy (Low FODMAP friendly)
These breakfast tacos are a great way to use your leftover tortillas from Taco Tuesday. Watch me make them on IGTV.
Being in quarantine has forced me to be a little more creative with my meals since I can’t just run to the store for an ingredient. This was made out of what I had in the fridge and freezer, so feel free to make any substitutions to fit in your current food supply! It was also nice to not have something sweet for breakfast for once (I’m typically a cereal or waffle gal).
The following ingredients are Low FODMAP as long as you choose a garlic & onion free salsa (like Fody).
The recipe makes two servings (two breakfast tacos each). These are best eaten right away.
- Green pepper
- Green onion
- Spices: salt, pepper, basil and cilantro
If you don’t want corn tortillas, any tortilla will do. The Siete almond flour ones would be perfect!
To make this vegan, swap in JustEgg for the scrambled eggs. Everything else is already vegan!
- 4 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 leaf of kale
- 1 tbsp salsa
- A dash of salt, pepper, basil and cilantro
- Clean, chop and measure green pepper and green onion. Lightly grease frying pan and heat on low. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, green pepper and spices. Add to frying pan and stir as needed.
- Meanwhile rinse off kale and tear into four pieces. These should be slightly smaller than the tortilla. Warm tortillas for a few seconds on low heat, this will help prevent them from breaking.
- Once eggs are fully cooked, take off of heat. Then place tortillas on plate, lining each with kale. Then divide eggs into four servings and put into tortillas. Top with green onion and salsa.