free from: gluten, dairy and nuts (vegan friendly option)
I recently made copycat Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes and decided to make a series of our favorite childhood treats made gluten and dairy free! This time I’m making copycat nutty buddy bars.
I have always loved nutty buddy bars. My grandma stored these in her basement freezer and it was the most special treat when she brought them out. I always had some in my freezer during college to have a piece of home nearby.
It’s been years since I’ve had these, so I’m super excited to share these copycat nutty buddy bars with you all.
These have been remade gluten, dairy, and nut free. Did I mention you only need THREE ingredients?!
You can see how I made these treats on my TikTok.
Above are the brands I used, but feel free to swap in your faves (results may vary). These can be vegan depending on the crackers you use.
Copycat Nutty Buddy Bars
- 2 sheets of gluten free matzo crackers, if you use another cracker type you'll need 3 rectangles for each bar
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cut matzo cracker sheet into rectangular pieces. You should get 4-6 pieces out of each sheet depending on how big you cut them. If you’re using regular crackers you can skip this step.
- Place crackers into stacks of three. Next, stir your sunflower butter a little bit so that it’s not too thick or runny. Smear a thin layer in between each stack of crackers.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving it in 20 second increments until fully melted. Then dip the cracker stacks into the melted chocolate, rotating and coating fully. Set on parchment paper and repeat for other bars.
- Refrigerate for one hour before eating.