free from: gluten, dairy and nuts (vegan friendly)
These granola bites are a one bowl recipe, so easy to make for the week ahead. The ingredients are simple and likely items you already have in your kitchen.
Thank you to my husband for putting this idea together and making the first batch. This was the perfect treat to get me through the week.
For the chocolate, we used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips. These are my favorite for smaller treats like this!
We added freeze-dried fruit to half of these, and it added a really nice sweet flavor! You can add any you’d like, or skip this ingredient. We used a berry blend from Trader Joe’s.
These should last 1-2 weeks in the fridge or freezer (if you can wait that long to eat them). Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients + One Bowl
- Gluten free rolled oats
- Sunflower butter
- Maple syrup
- Dairy free chocolate chips
- Optional: freeze-dried fruit
This recipe is pretty simple so there aren’t many substitute options. You can swap the sunflower butter for any kind of nut or seed butter, as long as it’s not too runny. The maple syrup could be replaced with agave or honey. You can also change up the mix-ins – rather than chocolate chips you could do seeds, for example.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried fruit crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Line a container with parchment paper and set aside. Then, begin rolling the mixture into small balls. You can make these any size you'd like, but they'll hold together best if they're on the smaller side. This should make roughly 20 bite sized balls (about 1 inch each). As you roll into balls, place into the container.
- Once all of the mixture is used, put a lid on the container and place into the refrigerator for a few minutes before enjoying. Store in fridge when not eating.