free from: gluten, dairy and grains
I used dairy free cream cheese from Trader Joe’s, but any brand should work. This is a great appetizer for gatherings (about 10 servings). You can also eat it for a meal like I did with my fiancé (3-4 servings).
We paired the dairy free salmon ball with Simple Mills pita crackers, but it would also be great with veggies or pretzels.
- Canned Salmon
- Dairy free cream cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Salt, pepper, dill & mustard seed
- Chopped parsley
There are such few ingredients, substitutions would be difficult. At most, you could swap the walnuts for a different nut or seed.
Dairy Free Salmon Ball
- 1 can salmon drained
- 8 oz dairy free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A sprinkle of salt, pepper, dill & mustard seed
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine salmon, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and spices (except parsley) in a medium bowl.
- Mash together until thoroughly combined. Then roll into a ball and wrap in tin foil. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Then lay out the parsley and walnuts on a plate. Roll the top of the ball into the mixture until fully coated. Enjoy right away, or store in the fridge for later.