free from: gluten, dairy, and grains (Low FODMAP and Paleo friendly options)
This Greek chicken pasta recipe is perfect for gatherings (your guests won’t even know this is dairy free) or keep for yourself to eat throughout the week. You can also make in large batches and freeze it!
This is one of my favorite savory dishes. I’m typically partial to sweets, but this recipe is so comforting and delicious. It’s a household fave!
This Greek chicken pasta is gluten free, dairy free and grain free. This is paleo as well. See substitutions below for accommodating other diets.
For the cream cheese, I used Kite Hill vegan cream cheese. This is my favorite brand but any should do.
- Lentil penne
- Chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper & oregano
- Olive oil
- Almond milk
- Vegan cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Cherry tomatoes
For Low FODMAP, swap the lentil noodles for brown rice noodles and omit the garlic.
To make this vegan, simply remove the chicken. Every other ingredient is already vegan. You can always add in another vegan protein, but with the lentil noodles you already have plenty of protein!
Pasta Chicken Pasta
- 1 box of lentil penne
- 3/4 lb chicken breasts
- Pinch salt, pepper & oregano
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic omit if low fodmap
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 package vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill or 3 tbsp dry dill
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and oregano. Heat olive oil in medium frying pan and add chicken. Once fully cooked (165F), dice up the chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp more olive oil to the pan along with the garlic. Cook for one minute.
- Then add almond milk and vegan cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese melts, then add lemon juice/zest and more salt, pepper & oregano.
- Cook lentil pasta, then drain and rinse. Place in a large serving dish, like the one pictured. Add tomatoes, cucumber and dill. Mix well. Then add chicken and sauce. Stir until fully combined.
- Serve warm.