free from: gluten, dairy, grains & refined sugar (vegan friendly)
I’m so excited to share my vegan and sugar free shamrock shake with you all. Although many St. Patrick’s Day events have been canceled this year, you can still celebrate with this healthy, homemade shamrock shake.
I was obsessed with Shamrock Shakes in college. After cutting out dairy and refined sugars, I found myself missing these shockingly green treat. Thus was born the LivWellEatWell shamrock shake!
This is a healthy twist on a true classic. This vegan & sugar-free shamrock shake is also gluten free and dairy free. It gets the nostalgic green color from spinach, but I promise you can’t even taste it.
Only 5 Ingredients
- Almond milk
- Peppermint extract
- Cacao nibs
This recipe is only 5 ingredients, which are all pretty much in their natural form, so there aren’t many substitutes that can be made. The almond milk can be swapped for any plant milk you prefer – I bet oat would be delicious!
Vegan Shamrock Shake
- 1 blender
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas frozen
- 4-6 fresh spinach leaves
- A drop of peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place almond milk, bananas and spinach in a blender. Blend on medium speed until creamy.
- Once creamy, add a drop of peppermint extract and blend for a few seconds. Add the peppermint SLOWLY, the flavor can take over if you add too much.
- Once it is minty enough, add cacao nibs and blend on slowest speed until fully combined.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy immediately.