free from: gluten and dairy (Low FODMAP friendly)
I found out that Nestle Toll House makes allergy friendly chocolate chips now (yes they’re dairy free!) so I had to take a spin on their classic chocolate chip cookie recipe with this gluten and dairy free cookie skillet. Make sure to buy the bag that specifically says allergy free!
This cookie skillet is the perfect summer dessert, it is gluten free and dairy free as the name suggests. If you’d like a grain and refined sugar free option, check out my paleo s’mores cookie skillet.
For the flour, I used Namaste gluten free flour and for the butter I used Country Crock’s plant butter (the best vegan butter in my opinion). You can also find the Nestle chips in my Amazon storefront.
I baked this in the oven but you could totally make it on the grill for the best summer dessert vibes!
What You’ll Need
- 10″ skillet
- Gluten free flour
- Baking soda
- Vegan butter
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate Chips
I have not tested any substitutes for this recipe. The only I’d be comfortable recommending without testing are monkfruit in place of sugar and brown coconut sugar in place of brown sugar. If you try any swaps let me know how they go in the comments!
Gluten and Dairy Free Cookie Skillet
- 1 10" skillet
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla into creamy. Add eggs separately, beating after each.
- Slowly beat in dry mixture. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a 10″ skillet and then fill with cookie dough. Spread dough evenly across the skillet and then (optional) sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 35-50 min depending on the consistency you want for your cookie. You can cool for a few minutes and enjoy while still warm or let cool and eat at room temp.