free from: gluten, dairy, grains, refined sugar (paleo and Low FODMAP friendly)
This s’mores cookie skillet is so simple and delicious! It is truly the perfect summer recipe, as you can even cook it on the grill. For the ultimate dessert, you can even pair with a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream!
For the chocolate chips, I used ChocZero sugar free & dairy free dark chocolate chips. I used Dandies for the mini marshmallows.
This s’mores cookie skillet is only partially refined-sugar free because of the marshmallows. I found these sugar free marshmallows online but I have not personally tried them; you can also make your own! Another option if you cannot have cane sugar is to omit the marshmallows and enjoy this as a chocolate chip cookie skillet instead.
For my Low FODMAP followers, the Monash recommended serving of coconut sugar is 1 teaspoon so I recommend using regular brown sugar or golden monkfruit to be safe. You should also stick to the serving size indicated below as too much almond flour can be high in FODMAPs. This s’mores cookie skillet is also paleo & anti-candida friendly.
- Vegan Butter
- Brown coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
For refined-sugar free and Low FODMAP suggestions, see above under “recipe details”. To make this vegan, you could try a flax egg but I have not personally tested. If you need nut free, swap almond flour for cassava flour.
S’mores Cookie Skillet
- 1 10" skillet
- 2 tbsp non-dairy butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix butter, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda until smooth.
- Next, add in the egg, vanilla and almond flour. Mix for 1-2 minutes on medium until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows, but save a small handful of each for later.
- Lightly grease skillet and then fill with cookie dough. Spread dough evenly across the skillet and then sprinkle leftover chocolate chips and marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how soft and gooey you want the cookie. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy while still warm.