free from: gluten and dairy (vegan friendly)
In honor of Veganuary, I’m trying to incorporate more vegan meals into my life. This vegan breakfast casserole is simple, delicious and only five ingredients!
I know replacement brands can be hard to find, and good ones take a lot of testing, so my suggestions are below:
Egg replacement – JustEgg
Sausage replacement – Plant Boss
Cheese replacement – Good Planet
You can prep this in advance and leave in the fridge overnight, but don’t add the egg until you’re ready to bake.
Once baked, enjoy the vegan breakfast casserole right away and store any leftovers in the fridge. This reheats great, so you can even make for meal prep!
- Plant Boss sausage crumble
- Vegan cheddar cheese
- Optional: salt and pepper
These brands can be swapped out easily. The sausage crumble would be more difficult, because Plant Boss has very specific cooking instructions. If you swap the vegan sausage for another brand, swap in their instructions.
Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- 1 bag Plant Boss sausage crumble
- 1/2 onion diced
- 12 oz bag shredded hashbrowns thawed
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle JustEgg
- Optional: pinch of salt and pepper
- Soak Plant Boss crumbles in water as instructed. Then add to a frying pan with diced onions and stir until lightly browned (about 5 min).
- Drain grease and add mixture to an 8×10 baking dish. Then for the second layer, add in thawed hashbrowns. Next, layer cheese on top.
- Pour egg mixture as the final layer and, if desired, sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes (uncovered).