free from: gluten, dairy, grains and refined-sugar
Growing up, I always hated deviled eggs because I didn’t like mustard. I recently starting loving them, and then conveniently had to stop eating both mayo and mustard for a bit (had to avoid vinegar and certain oils on the candida diet). So a while back I was craving deviled eggs and had to get creative! Thus was born the hummus deviled eggs.
These are absolutely delicious, and I might even like them more than traditional deviled eggs…
My favorite part is that these hummus deviled eggs only use FIVE ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make.
All ingredients are gluten, dairy, grain and refined-sugar free. For the hummus, you can make your own or use your favorite brand.
- Spices: paprika, salt & pepper
Given the minimal ingredients, no substitutions can be made on this recipe.
Hummus Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup hummus
- A dash of paprika salt & pepper
- Add eggs to a saucepan, fill with water and place on high heat. Once boiling, cover pan with a lid and turn off heat. Let cook for 10 minutes and then drain. Place eggs in a cold bowl of water to cool, this also makes them easier to peel.
- Once cool, peel off the shells and cut eggs in half.
- Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper and paprika and then mash the yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Add in hummus and mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture into eggs, top with a sprinkle of paprika & enjoy! Best if eaten right away.