free from: gluten, dairy and grains (vegan option)
This dairy free spaghetti squash is the perfect fall recipe for a chilly day. It’s also so easy to make (only 5 ingredients!!)
This recipe is dairy free and naturally gluten free & grain free. While the squash takes a while to make, it is an incredibly easy recipe to follow. Perfect for when you want to just throw something in the oven while you work on other stuff.
The serving size is one half of the squash. One squash will give two servings.
If you’re looking for a side dish to add more yummy squash to the meal, I recommend my friend Lauren’s Air Fryer Delicata Squash.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Ground Chicken
- Vegan Mozzarella
- Oil + spices
The dairy free spaghetti squash can be vegan if you remove or swap out the chicken for a plant-based substitute.
You can use any oil and plant-based cheese you’d like for this. I’ve used both avocado and olive oil. For the cheese, I typically use Good Planet.
Dairy Free Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup marinara
- 1/4 cup vegan shredded mozzarella
- Drizzle of oil
- Sprinkle of spices (salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle oil and spices in the squash and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground chicken in a frying pan on medium heat with light oil and more spices.
- Once the squash and chicken are done, layer marinara, cheese, chicken, and more marinara and cheese in the halves.
- Broil for 5 minutes, then let cool slightly. Enjoy right out of the squash with a fork.